Monday 21 March 2016

TV: DAREDEVIL S2

"One batch...two batch...penny and dime"



          13 episodes of the second season of Daredevil, and my weekend is over. But it was well worth it, because I really enjoyed the show. There were bits here and there that I don't quite like, but there were also some very great moments, and more importantly, some great characters.

           Before I get on with my main point, let me just say this: the action sequences are very well done. It was solid, brutal, yet it looked awesome at times. My favourite was in episode 3, and I think you'll know it when you see it. I can speak about action sequences, fight choreography, etc, but with shows like this, the main point is usually with the plot and the characters...for which I say:

          Overall the plot is good enough, and I like how things transpired towards the end. But the subplot with Elektra & The Hand isn't particularly satisfying for me. In fact, it looks a bit messy, and things aren't clearly explained. On the other hand, the subplot & character development of Frank Castle (The Punisher) is brilliant! There really is a proper development & change from how we see Frank Castle at the start of the show to how we see him by the end.

            Even if we look to Daredevil himself, there isn't really anything we haven't seen before. The conflicts that Matt Murdock has isn't something really new. But the same can't be said for Frank Castle. We really get to understand the character and see him face different sort of challenges/situations. He really stole the show for me.

           That being said, the show itself, otherwise, is really fun and is paced a lot faster than its first season was. On a general plot level, maybe the first season still fared better, but this second season progresses faster, and you see a lot of things happening to these characters. And it really is a good show to watch.

VERDICT:

          Really recommended. I wouldn't go as far to say "must watch", but I really do recommend it. If you have time to spare, do watch this show. It really is a good show overall, and you won't regret watching it...even if you're not a fan of the comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment