Thursday 24 January 2019

Most Anticipated of 2019

Haven't been writing here for a while now...but as I got bored, I thought I'll give it a crack with my most anticipated movies of 2019...here goes:


Honorable Mentions:

Hellboy (April 12)

           If given the choice, I would prefer Guillermo Del Toro & Ron Perlman getting to complete their Hellboy trilogy vision. But this version looks pretty interesting, anyway.

Aladdin (May 24) & The Lion King (July 19)

            Disney has been killing it with their live-action adaptations like The Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast. So I wouldn't really bet against these upcoming ones. But the fact that these aren't exactly new stories means that its difficult to get super excited about them.

Top 10:

10. Captain Marvel (March 8)

             Please don't be surprised to see the whole bunch of Marvel films in this list. They just seem to know what they're doing, and Captain Marvel looks just as awesome as the other thousands of movies they have made (and will continue to make).

9. Godzilla: King of the Monsters (May 31)

            I have never been a fan of Godzilla, but the last movie that came out was pretty awesome. And while that movie hid Godzilla until the last act of the movie, this sequel doesn't seem to need to do that. And there'll be few other monsters to deal with here.

8. John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (May 17)

             I remember that I somehow did not find the first John Wick film interesting, but the second one is really good. And with the cliffhanger ending of that, it is easy to say that I am really quite excited with this third film.

7. Men in Black: International (June 14)

              I will definitely miss the banter & chemistry between Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones. That being said, I think Chris Hemsworth & Tessa Thompson is quite a capable & funny pair - if their connection in Thor: Ragnarok is anything to go by.

6. Dark Phoenix (June 7)

              Truth be told, the trailer for this film got me a bit nervous. It didn't actually look good. But I really do think James McAvoy & Michael Fassbender are awesome as Professor X and Magneto, and any time I get to see more of them is just a good thing.

5. Kingsman: The Great Game (November 8)

               The Kingsman movies are very good examples of fun & action blockbuster. And since this one takes the story way back to the origins of the Kingsman, with actors like Daniel Bruhl, Ralph Fiennes & Charles Dance, it looks to be very interesting indeed.

4. Spider-Man: Far From Home (July 5)

              I wasn't initially super excited with a new Spider-Man film, given the many we've had before. But the trailer that was released recently got me very interested, especially with Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio.

3. Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (August 2)

               By now, the Fast & Furious films should have been quite predictable/repetitive, but the films always had heart (family, you know) - even the most recent one. Now, if you take the two funniest & badass-est characters in the franchise and put them together on their own adventure...now that sounds interesting! And especially with a well-known action director like David Leitch.

2. Star Wars: Episode IX (December 20)

               It was supposed to be a tight race between the film in number one and this. But the issues arising from the previous film The Last Jedi undermines this film slightly. Many people (me included) didn't really like how they change things in the previous film. But that will never take away my love for this franchise, and that is why I remain super excited with Star Wars Episode IX.

1. Avengers: Endgame (April 26)

                This is a very easy pick. If you watched Avengers: Infinity War, you can understand easily why this is number one in my list (and for a great many people too, I assume).

No comments:

Post a Comment