Tuesday 25 October 2016

Most Anticipated of 2017 - Part 1

It seems only Yesterday that we stepped in into 2016 (not really, though), and now we're only a few months away from 2017...the good news is: the big, bad movies keeps on coming...

Again, don't be too surprised to only see big titles in this list...this is what I anticipate most, not what I think will be the best (although I do hope they are, too)...



10. Dunkirk

             This may sound like a very cliched statement, but it is what it is. This is a Christopher Nolan film. And after all the brilliant films he's done, you'd be a fool to bet against him. And while Interstellar wasn't particularly spectacular, it remains a very good watch. And his films always have that "power" & depth in the plot. And the way he directs his films is always brilliant. The scenes will feel intense, meaningful & powerful. And the teaser trailer for this film has shown glimpses of that, too. So, yes, this film will be one to look out for next year.


9. The Lego Batman Movie

              Before seeing the trailers, I have a very conservative feeling about this film. I'd thought it'd be a fun watch, but I wouldn't have invested on it. But then the trailers came out - and they totally sold me. It looks like a lot of fun, and it certainly looks like a film that doesn't hold back. And because of that, I am totally into this and this is easily the animation film I'm looking forward to most come 2017. And plus, it has Batman. And maybe even a plethora of other DC comic book characters, too...

8. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

           Johnny Depp has had hits and misses in the past few years...more misses than hits. But if there is one character of his that I know I will like - that would be Jack Sparrow....Captain Jack Sparrow. He is such a charismatic, eccentric, fun & likeable character. He is easily the best thing about the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, and is the one irreplaceable element. The character doesn't take himself seriously and always does things from a certain point of view that we don't usually expect - this is a protagonist unlike any other.
          But more than that, the films in the series has always been fun & entertaining to watch. Not all of them are great, but they have always been fun to watch, regardless. With a promising villain (played by Javier Bardem), I really have to say I can't wait to sail the seas again with the ever-awesome Captain Jack Sparrow and his beloved Black Pearl...

7 to 4 in next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment