Tuesday 12 December 2017

Most Anticipated Films of 2018 (Top 5)



5. Aquaman (December 21)

               Among the characters in the Justice League, Aquaman is the character I am most excited about, and I am excited to see the story and the conflicts in Atlantis. And among all the potential upcoming films in the DCEU (except maybe The Batman, because of director Matt Reeves) this is the film I am most excited about. Imagine all the characters and the battle which takes place underwater in Atlantis. And with James Wan at the helm, this film has all the potential to be among the best DCEU film as well.

4. X-Men: Dark Phoenix (November 2)

               X-Men: Apocalypse wasn't really among the best X-Men films, but it does so well in capturing the great feeling of X-Men films, especially the scenes in the school and with this young group of X-Men characters we have always known. And in many ways, the ending in that film felt like a new beginning of a great adventure to come. But outside of it, it felt as if it could be the end for the main folks James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and co.
              So to see all of them returning and really continuing on from where we left off is exactly what I want to see. Apocalypse ended with so much promise and potential, and I'm glad they took this opportunity. And I don't know how this will work, but I like the idea of going beyond Earth and into space. And though this will be Simon Kinberg's directorial debut, he has been such a mainstay throughout the series that I have all the confidence in the world that he can deliver.

3. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (November 16)

               The first Fantastic Beasts film was surprisingly very good and I think it was in my Top 3 of last year, too. It has a great mix of fun & drama, and the visuals of the period and the magical world is just, well...magical. With both J.K. Rowling returning to write the script and David Yates to direct, and all the key cast returning (especially Dan Fogler, who I really like), I can't be any more excited with this film. Wait, actually, I can - because now we have the addition of Johnny Depp as Gellert Grindelwald and Jude Law as young Albus Dumbledore. So excited for this!

2. Black Panther (February 16)

                Remember when I said earlier that director Ryan Coogler is working on another project. This is the one. This is him proving that he really is one of the top, young directors out there. The trailers are really cool! I like the look of Wakanda and I am really glad that we get to explore this fictional nation. Nowhere in our real Earth will we ever get to see a technologically advanced region hidden among the forestry natures of Africa. And the cast also looks great, including Michael B. Jordan as Killmonger, and I am so especially happy to see the involvement of Andy Serkis as Ulysses Klaue. Everything I have seen in the trailers are just so cool - the story, the characters, the action sequences, the visual design, everything. If not for the fact that the film in number 1 is the culmination of an era, Black Panther would top this list.

1. Avengers: Infinity War (May 4)

               So what is this film that tops Black Panther? It is a movie involving Black Panther and more than a dozen of other characters that has made up 18 other films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I mean, we're talking about a movie that culminates an arc of a dozen big characters over 1.5 dozens of movies. Many of the previous MCU films have touched upon or even heavily involved the Infinity Stones. This film is set to be the culmination of it where one of the great beings in the universe, Thanos, aims to hunt down and potentially wield the power of all the stones, requiring all the superheroes that we have been introduced to to team up.
               Well, do I actually even need to explain this? I mean, I think you all will already know of all this and probably already feel the same excitement as I do. And just look at that teaser trailer they put out. It breaks a record viewing of a trailer within 24 hours (230 million views). And even from Marvel Studios' perspective, this has to be like the biggest film of the decade! Let's just bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment