Saturday 4 February 2017

RESIDENT EVIL: THE FINAL CHAPTER



            I knew I had to come in to this movie with low expectations...but I didn't know it had to be that low. When I went to watch Underworld: Blood Wars or XXX: Return of Xander Cage, I had the same low expectations...but with those two films I can still find some enjoyable moments. This movie is plainly quite bad. The plot was dull, the dialogue were cheesy, and even the action sequences were all out of focus.

             With a second-rate action movie, sometimes the thing you can hope for is for some plain fun action sequences. This movie doesn't even give you that. In all of the action sequences, the screen jumps from shot to shot very quickly, and makes it feel like everything is out of focus and hard to follow. Had they taken a bit more time with each shot, it might have been better. But the fact is that this movie had action sequences which are so jumpy.

                Then of course we come to the plot & dialogue - which were just dull. I did expect this low quality plot & dialogue so I am not necessarily surprised, but the fact remains that it is just not that good. To their credit, though, the ending of the movie isn't particularly bad. But the same can't be said for what precedes it.

             I was never a big fan of this series, and I knew I had to have low expectations every time I watch a Resident Evil film. But perhaps I had the slight hope that given that this is the last one, they would put all their cards out. But, it was not the case, and the series ends with a solid final act (preceded by an underwhelming hour).

VERDICT: 30 / 100

              To be honest, I'm not even quite sure if the fans will even enjoy this. It is not completely unwatchable...but lets be plain, it is quite bad.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment