Sunday 8 May 2016

Looking Forward: JUNE 2016



Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (June 3-USA, May 30-UK, June 2-Singapore)

          Although I enjoyed the first film, I have to say I am not all that excited for this film. The simple reason would be that I was never a fan of TMNT, so this doesn't hold any special sentimental value for me. And furthermore, the trailers themselves didn't really hook me in. They don't seem to offer anything new that the first film didn't. I've seen Stephen Amell as the Green Arrow in Arrow, but he pretty much looks like the same guy here. Meanwhile I kind of like Will Arnett because...well, he's funny. But apart from that, I don't really have anything else to be excited for in this film. I mean I will still watch it...but I won't be going in with a special sort of excitement.

Trailers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CKgLNGfdSM (Trailer #1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzaSDRk_kCg (Trailer #2)


Now You See Me 2 (June 10-USA, July 4-UK, June 16-Singapore)

          My feelings towards this film is very similar to the film above. I enjoyed the first film, but the second film doesn't seem to, from the trailers and all, offer anything new. I am still curious to see it and it looks like a fun film, but I won't expect too much.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I8rVcSQbic (Trailer #1)


Warcraft (June 10-USA, May 30-UK, June 9-Singapore)

          Fortunately, my feelings towards this film is different than the two above. Mainly because this is a new and different film, but also because I have special feelings towards movie adaptations of video games. But despite that, I am not into the Warcraft franchise. I may have tried some of the games, but I was never into it. So, I am still kind of an outsider to the world.
           But, the trailers did show some very cool looking action sequences, and my, the visual effects look brilliant. I really like how the Orcs look in this film. Due to the recent struggles of video game movie adaptations, I am kind of worried that people might not respond to this film, as well. But it really looks like a very cool & action-packed film, and I can't wait to see it.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ogw1cSZO0I (Trailer #1)


Finding Dory (June 17-USA, July 29-UK, June 16-Singapore)

          Yet again another film that I harbor no special excitement for. Although the difference is, as compared to the first two films...I'm pretty sure this one is going to be good. It is not guaranteed, but seeing their recent run of films, Pixar animation films look like a safe bet. Especially a sequel/spin-off to the classic Finding Nemo. And while I probably did enjoy that film (back then)...like some other films in this list, I hold no special feelings towards it.

Note: While the month of May have only a few films, they are all special to me (Civil War, X-Men)...meanwhile the month of June is quite the opposite...there are a lot of films, but they are mostly just another movie to me...

Trailers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSf-5vbVpAU (Teaser)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP0WR2Ql9yI (Trailer #1)


Independence Day: Resurgence (June 24-USA, June 23-UK, June 23-Singapore)

          Now this is a film I am really looking forward to. And not because I have special feelings like I did for Star Wars or anything - in fact, I don't recall much of the first film. Its been a while since I last saw it. No...what really hooked me in was the trailers of this film itself (which you should check out). I like how it shows the development humanity has made in the years after the previous film...but mostly I just like it because it looks so cool and so action packed...and also the visual effects of the alien-inspired advanced weaponry. So, even if I had never seen the first film, this would still be a film I will be looking forward to.

Trailers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7a2u8lxWm8 (Trailer #1) (Must See!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX4uL_0SQd8 (Trailer #2) (Must See!!)


Other Movies:

          The only other movie I might be interested is the spy-comedy flick Central Intelligence (June 17) starring Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart. Meanwhile, those who know me would know how much I hate horror flicks, but I suppose it would be unfair to horror-lovers if I didn't mention The Conjuring 2 (June 10).
          And we also have the biopic Genius (June 10) which I'm not too interested of, but stars some very well known actors. And finally we have the action-drama Free State of Jones (June 24) which is apparently set during the Civil War...the American one, not the comic book one that recently came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment