Sunday 28 August 2016

SPECIAL: Ranking the Movies of the MCU - Part 1

I have seen others do their version of ranking the films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), so I thought I'd do mine...especially as I haven't been watching new movies of late...



Honorable Mentions

            There are 13 MCU movies up to date. And believe me, there are no bad films out of the 13, in my opinion. Probably the lowest score I'd give is a 6.0 out of 10.0 - which still means that it is still a positive piece of entertainment - just didn't stuck out as a great one. That being said, my bottom three of the list (not in order) are:

-Avengers: Age of Ultron
-Iron Man 2
-Iron Man 3

          Again, none of these are bad films at all...they're still fun to watch and I wouldn't hesitate to re-watch any of these. However, Age of Ultron is a bit too messy and the romance scenes takes me out of the film. Iron Man 2 didn't bring anything new to the table, and seems just like another day in the life of Tony Stark as Iron Man. Meanwhile, Iron Man 3 is a lot of fun, but is problematic in some aspects - especially with the villain.

10. Thor: The Dark World

             This is also very, very much a fun film. I really enjoyed every second of it, and have a lot of laughs along the way. But, similar to Iron Man 2, it looks just like another day in the life of Thor - with a very weak and one-dimensional villain. The only thing that puts it in the Top 10 is Loki. In fact, if there's any character in the film with a proper character development - it's Loki. He's easily the best part of the film and its not hard to see why fans have been clamouring for his return in the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok.

9. Iron Man


             I would probably get a lot of hate for this. But the reason this film is down here is very simply because of the lack of action sequences - and as a lot of people know, I do like myself a good taste of action. Don't get me wrong, it is a bloody good film that kicked off the MCU and sells casual audiences into the very idea of superhero films. And I really do enjoy this film a lot the first time I see it...but the lack of action puts it below many more interesting MCU films. I suppose this is also a testament as to how the films of MCU have grown since then.

8. Guardians of the Galaxy

           Like the above film, I may get a lot of hate for putting Guardians down below here. But first and foremost, this film has a poor villain. And then, as much as I like how James Gunn develops the character and puts in great dialogue, too...the film's plot didn't really have much to offer. In all, I always enjoyed everytime I watch this film, and it has a lot of heart and (obviously) humour, too - its just that I enjoy watching 7 other MCU films a bit more than this.


I do really feel like playing with fire (in dealing with the MCU films), because they really are all so good...very good, indeed...its just that there are some films which I enjoy more than others...and I just want to try to rank them basis my own personal preference...

So feel free to disagree with my list, and I can really understand why people would put Guardians of the first Iron Man way up top...its just my personal preference is most likely different than others...

Anyway, films 7 to 4 are up in the next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment