Saturday 20 April 2013

Looking Forward: May 2013

Summer is coming with a bunch of big blockbuster movies to occupy our holidays with lots of epic cinematic experiences, and I have been looking forward to some of the biggest movies coming up soon...

The month of May starts with some of the biggest movies of the year with the next Iron Man movie and the Star Trek sequel, with several other potentially good movies to start this summer, with a bang!



Iron Man 3 (May 3-USA, April 26-UK, April 25-Singapore)

          This is the movie I have been waiting for the most this summer, and it's coming soon!! Myself being a Marvel fan makes it even more anticipated by me, and I will definitely watch this, even in IMAX 3D if possible. This movie has the potential to be one of the highest earning movie this year, especially after the record-breaking Avengers last summer. The trailer looks pretty cool and looks like this movie has a slightly different approach from previous ones. And 'The Mandarin' looks awesome. This summer batch of movies could not start with anything bigger than this!

Note: Will be released in May in the USA, but in many other countries, this movie will have been released in the final week of April...

Links for trailers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EjG-1U3wqA (Teaser)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke1Y3P9D0Bc (Trailer) (Must See)


Star Trek Into Darkness (May 17-USA, May 9-UK, May 16-Singapore)

          Another one of the biggest movies of this summer. I was especially stunned and amazed with the first movie back in 2009. And along with the highly positive reception it received, I will be coming into this movie with high expectations as well. And, from the trailers, they look epic. The second trailer was very cool, and the third one showed how deeply in trouble they will be when Kirk makes a mistake, as captain of the Enterprise. Oh, plus the villain looks pretty cool as well. If I can, I will also watch this movie in IMAX 3D, got to be worth it.

Link for trailers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diP-o_JxysA (Teaser)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhz4A5BCMAA (Trailer #2) (Must See)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAEkuVgt6Aw (Trailer #3) (Must See)


Fast and Furious 6 (May 24-USA, May 17-UK, May 23-Singapore)

          I have never been a big fan of the series, but given the last movie is pretty amazing, I will most probably go and watch this in the cinema as well. Looks to be in for a big show as all the cast returned including one Michelle Rodriguez whose character was thought to be dead. Looks like this movie will be in for a big showdown.

Links for trailers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKi5XoeTN0k (Trailer #1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZpc936_Hgo (Trailer #2)


Below are movies which are potentially good and/or looks good in the trailers, but perhaps due to my limitations, and my not so enthusiastic approach to these movies, I will simply list them down below:

The Great Gatsby (May 10)
-is a drama, although it looks good...

Epic (May 24)
-another animation by Blue Sky Studios, but I guess I will look at the reviews before deciding to watch this in the cinema...

The Hangover Part III (May 24)
-although a big comedy franchise, but I've never been a fan of these films...

Now You See Me (May 31)
-looks cool from the trailers, but I will also need to see the reviews first...


Note: I put in the release date of USA and UK as they are the two biggest countries in the industry, and also Singapore, because that's where I currently reside...

No comments:

Post a Comment