Wednesday 23 November 2016

Most Anticipated of Q1 2017

I know I had just recently did my Top 10 Most Anticipated of 2017...so why am I doing another one just for Quarter 1 (Jan to Mar) of 2017...?

1. Well, firstly, a full year is too broad, and hence I am not able to call out most of the movies that I'm excited about...I suppose 10 is a bit too small of a number...

2. Secondly, and more importantly, the trailers usually only come out within 3-6 months of the release of the film - so movies in the latter part of the Year don't usually get fairly judged because no trailer had came out for them yet. And trailers are important because they show us the tone of the film, the characters, and what the plot in general is...and their job is to get us excited... 

The Top 10 of the Year will always remain as to call out the upper echelon of movies I am most excited for within the Year (regardless of the trailers)...but this quarterly posts will give more movies a chance to be mentioned...




My Most Anticipated Movies of Q1 2017:

           A quick shoutout (honorable mention) to King Arthur: Legend of the Sword and The Great Wall, both of which I'm quite excited about simply because of their respective directors Guy Ritchie and Zhang Yimou...both of which has their own unique style & vision.

5. John Wick: Chapter 2 (February 10)

            Unfortunately, it seems, I am one of those few people who actually didn't like the first movie. The action was excellent, but I didn't find anything else interesting. The plot, to me, felt really dull. I don't know - maybe I need to re-watch it. But with everything that others had been saying, and with everything I've been hearing & seeing about this film - the cast, the trailers, etc - I feel like I'm quite excited about this film and willing to give this franchise another chance.

Trailer: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGh16qHmUck&t=1s


4. Beauty and the Beast (March 17)

             A romantic fantasy film is usually not my thing...but this is more than that...this is a Disney live-action remake of an animated classic. And like their animated counterparts, Disney's track record of their live-action films show have been nothing but great. I loved the recent movies Cinderella and even more so, Maleficent. I can't predict if this will be in the same league, but with a director like Bill Condon, and a cast that includes Emma Watson, Luke Evans, Ewan McGregor, Stanley Tucci, Sir Ian McKellen, and more...I think this film is on the right track indeed...

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSGUAlTDyO8

3. The Lego Batman Movie (February 10)

           Oh man, this film looks super fun! All the trailers for this film shows us that it is going to be a very fun movie and it is not afraid to mess around with the lore and reference its live-action counterparts. It really looks like a fun movie, and it probably is my most anticipated animated film of the Year. Just check out the trailer!

Trailers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqrQKZlCcjo

2. Kong: Skull Island (March 10)

            Everything I've heard about this film is so good - and I always like the idea of a group of people going to this island to uncover its secrets. And I think we all know how its going to go down - but I am super stoked about this film. The first trailer came out and I was initally concerned with the look & size of Kong. But the second trailer came out just recently, and I really like it. I am hoping that they focus on the story on its own and doesn't focus too much in setting up the upcoming Godzilla v Kong movie. But I like the look of this film, and I really look forward to this movie.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfknzBAdPyA

1. Logan (March 3)

            This film is one of the main example why I had to do a quarterly Most Ancitipated post. Logan was initially ranked lower in my Top 10 of the Year, but then the trailer came out - and I fell in love with it - I just needed to push it up. The trailer really made a statement - that this was not going to be your generic comic book movie. The tone of it made it feel like it was a character drama more than anything. I feel like crying everytime I watch the trailer...and I probably will by the end of this movie as Hugh Jackman's run as Logan comes to an end...

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbug3zTm3Ws

No comments:

Post a Comment